The Oscar nominations were announced overnight and LA LA LAND is clearly the film to beat in this year’s award race after having been nominated for a record-matching 14 Oscars. But while the nominations are exciting, we'd like to think that we've got something a little more exciting to reveal: our Semester One 2017 programme!
Featuring no less than 94 films, our brand new programme has everything that our members have loved about the ANU Film Group for the past 50 years. From the latest Hollywood blockbusters to independent and foreign films, classics, special events and beyond, there's bound to be something for everyone. Here are some highlights:
• Oscars Galore: 26 of this year's nominated films, including all nine Best Picture nominees!
• Best Foreign Film Festival: a seven-week festival of this year's Best Foreign Film Oscar submissions from a range of countries – including Germany, Iran, South Korea and more – screening every Friday in June and July.
• Family Films at Five: more family-friendly films at family-friendly start times, including THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE, MOANA and SING.
• JOE CINQUE'S CONSOLATION: Q&A screening with director Sotiris Dounoukos
• Cult Classics: the return of some unique films back on the big screen, including BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER and THE LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVE ZISSOU.
• Plus much, much more!
So without further ado, we proudly present our programme for Semester One 2017: CLICK HERE (PDF, 229 KB)
We hope that you’ll all be as excited about the programme as we are. Semester One officially kicks off on Monday 13 February with a free screening of DOCTOR STRANGE, so make sure you save the date and invite everyone you know along to check out the best way to see movies in Canberra.
And if you were waiting on a programme before joining up, you now have no excuse. Go to www.anufg.org.au/join to sign up now!