Oscar nominations announced? Check. Plans made for the long weekend? Check. New ANU Film Group programme released? Check, check, check!
It's here – the ANU Film Group's full programme for Semester One 2018. To kick off our 52nd year, we have put together a terrific line-up of 97 films that will entertain, delight, thrill and fascinate you.
As always, our programme features a little something for everyone. There are blockbusters like STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI and BLACK PANTHER screening alongside Oscar hopefuls like THE SHAPE OF WATER and LADY BIRD. There are films from countries as diverse as Thailand, Portugal, Norway, Taiwan and Canada, as well as the latest and greatest from Hollywood and Australia. There are films for all ages, including COCO and JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, plus a number of special Q&A screenings that will take you beyond the film.
While we believe that every film on the programme is worth checking out, here are some noteworthy highlights:
• Oscars Nominees: 21 of this year's nominated films, including seven of the Best Picture nominees.
• Family Films at Five: family-friendly films at family-friendly start times, including COCO, PADDINGTON 2 and A WRINKLE IN TIME.
• PITCH PERFECT Trilogy: all three films in the hugely popular musical comedy series across two nights.
• Filmmaker Q&As: post-screening discussions with the directors of MOUNTAIN, BLUE WORLD ORDER and THUNDER AND DUST.
• Annual General Meeting: your chance to find out about future plans for the Group, and even run for a position on the committee.
• Plus much, much more between February 12 and July 14!
Don’t believe us? Check it out for yourself in one of three ways:
• View the full programme with reviews on our website by clicking HERE.
• Download a PDF flyer with the programme listing that you can print out or share HERE (149 Kb).
• Import the entire programme with reviews and start times straight into your calendar of choice using the iCal file available HERE.
Semester One 2018 officially kicks off with a free screening of Marvel’s THOR: RAGNAROK on Monday 12 February at 7:30 PM. Be sure to save the date and invite everyone you know along to check out the best way to see movies in Canberra. It’s bound to be a Thor-riffic night!
And if you were waiting on a programme before joining up, you now no longer have any excuses. Head to www.anufg.org.au/join to sign up now!