The Oscar nominations may have been announced overnight, but we reckon we’ve got something even better to share…
With less than a month before screenings begin and without further ado, we’d like to present to you our Autumn 2019 line-up, one of four seasonal programmes that will screen this year – and the first in our brand new cinema!
You can find information about all 55 films screening from February to April in three ways:
• View it on our website at www.anufg.org.au/programme
• Download a PDF flyer that you can print out and share by CLICKING HERE
• Import the entire programme straight into your calendar of choice using the iCAL FILE HERE
As always, our programme features a little something for everyone, and while we believe that every film is worth checking out, here are some noteworthy highlights:
• Oscar Nominees: 10 of this year’s nominated films, including Best Picture nominees THE FAVOURITE, VICE, GREEN BOOK and BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
• Hollywood Blockbusters: some of the year’s biggest box office hits, such as AQUAMAN, BUMBLEBEE and FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD
• Free Screenings: tell your friends to try before they buy at our free-for-all screenings of SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE and THE MISEDUCATION OF CAMERON POST
• Family Films: kids watch for free anytime, including at family-friendly films like RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET and MARY POPPINS RETURNS
• World Cinema: foreign films from countries as diverse as Palestine, Turkey, Japan, France, Lebanon, Spain, and Ireland
• Indie Darlings: small but no less worthy independent films like EIGHTH GRADE, LEAVE NO TRACE and YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE
• Cult Films: those of you wanting something a bit off the beaten path can check out films like MANDY, SORRY TO BOTHER YOU and SUSPIRIA
• Annual General Meeting: not a film, but your one chance each year to ask questions, find out about future plans for the Group, and even run for a position on the committee.
So if you were waiting on a programme before joining up, you no longer have any excuses. Memberships start from $30 for a season or $90 for a full year. Head to www.anufg.org.au/join to sign up now!
(Please note that processing memberships may take longer than the usual 3-5 business days as we work on getting our new cinema ready – but your membership certificate will definitely be emailed to you before screenings start for 2019.)
NEW SATURDAY START TIMES
For improved consistency and to better facilitate the changeovers between 5 PM films, Saturday screenings will be starting at 7:30 PM instead of 7 PM from 2019 onwards.
This means that regardless of what day of the week it is, the screening will begin at 7:30 PM, making screening times more consistent and easier to remember. The exception to this are a number of 5 PM screenings on select Saturdays, which will be specially marked.
Having more time between the end of a 5 PM screening and the start of a 7:30 PM screening will also give audience members who wish to stay for both films the opportunity to grab a bite to eat in between screening – with an abundance of food outlets and restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the new cinema.