It’s our final week of screenings for our Winter 2019 season – before we blast off for Moon Week next week, take flight with ROCKETMAN on Friday and make sure to catch ‘em all with two monster movies on Saturday!
Don’t forget that memberships for our next Spring programme are now on sale, and that Spring memberships will include entry into this week’s screenings too – along with nearly 50 more films screening between July and September. Check out the full line-up on our website now by CLICKING HERE
You can join up – or renew your membership – in person prior to any screening, or via our website anytime at www.anufg.org.au/join
• FRI 12 JULY @ 7:30 PM: ROCKETMAN (M, 121 min)
Taron Egerton plays Elton John in this musical fantasy exploring the iconic British singer-songwriter’s life from early beginnings as a child prodigy through to his breakthrough years in the 1970s and 80s.
• SAT 13 JULY @ **5 PM**: POKÉMON: DETECTIVE PIKACHU (PG, 104 min)
In a world where humans and Pokémon co-exist, a teenager joins forces with an amnesiac Detective Pikachu to locate his missing father, uncovering a plot that could threaten their entire universe.
• SAT 13 JULY @ 7:30 PM: GODZILLA II: KING OF THE MONSTERS (M, 132 min)
When a number of ancient giant monsters rise again and threaten the Earth, members of a mysterious organisation set out to find the legendary Godzilla to help humanity fight back.
** ‘NO GUESTS’ SCREENINGS THIS WEEK: ROCKETMAN, POKÉMON: DETECTIVE PIKACHU, GODZILLA II: KING OF THE MONSTERS **
FREE SCREENINGS GALORE
Free screenings are a great way to introduce friends, family members, neighbours, workmates or anyone you know to the awesomeness that is the ANU Film Group. And as luck would have it, we’ve got a whole lot of them coming up over the next two weeks, so check out the full details below and spread the word!
• THURSDAY 18 JULY – SATURDAY 20 JULY: MOON WEEK SCREENINGS
Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Moon landing with a series of space-themed films. Full details and registration links can be FOUND HERE
- THU 18 JULY @ 2 PM: WALL-E
- FRI 19 JULY @ 2 PM: ZATHURA: A SPACE ADVENTURE
- FRI 19 JULY @ 5 PM: FIRST MAN
- FRI 19 JULY @ 8:15 PM: APOLLO 11
- SAT 20 JULY @ 2:15 PM: APOLLO 11 (ENCORE)
- SAT 20 JULY @ 5 PM: THE DISH
- SAT 20 JULY @ 7:30 PM: THE MARTIAN
• WEDNESDAY 24 JULY @ 6 PM: 2040
See the hit Australian documentary at this screening organised by the ANU Climate Change Institute, followed by a panel discussion exploring grassroots initiatives to tackle climate change. Registration details are AVAILABLE HERE
• THURSDAY 25 JULY @ 7:30 PM: AVENGERS: ENDGAME
Kick off our Spring season with one of the biggest films of all time and the concluding chapter of a Marvel’s epic 22-film saga. No registration required – entry on a first in, best dressed basis. More details at our Facebook event HERE