This is the news you’ve been waiting for: we finally received approval from the ANU yesterday to start running screenings again for the first time since March!
Programming a whole new season will take a bit of time, however, and we have our sights set on a full re-launch in February 2021 to coincide with the start of the new university year. But don’t worry, we aren’t going to make you wait that long to get back to Film Group…
In fact, we’re not wasting any time and will be kicking things off as soon as THIS SATURDAY (yes, you read that right!) with the most excellent BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC at 7 PM!
This will be the first in a series of comeback screenings over the summer period between December 2020 and February 2021. These will be an opportunity to catch-up on some films you might have missed while we’ve been out of action, but are also intended as a ‘thank you’ to those of you who have patiently stuck with us over the past eight months. As such, entry into these screenings will be completely FREE for existing members only (i.e. your membership will not resume ticking over until February 2021).
As a condition of the ANU allowing us to resume our activities, however, there will be some changes to the way screenings are run:
• The capacity of the cinema is capped at 50% or 150 people
• All attendees must pre-register to attend screenings using the provided links. No walk-ins will be permitted under any circumstances.
• Attendees will also be required to check-in using the ACT Health Check In CBR app.
• Attendees must maintain appropriate social distancing by leaving 1.5 metres (or 1-2 seats) between them and the nearest person/group inside the cinema. Groups from the same household may sit together.
• Any attendees exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be prohibiting from entering the venue.
• Attendees are strongly encouraged to wear face masks while attending screenings.
• Attendees are strongly encouraged to use hand sanitiser stations around the Cultural Centre building, as well as use provided disinfectant wipes to clean their seat area.
We have posted a detailed FAQ with more information about the new COVID-19 rules and our comeback screenings, while you can find on our website by CLICKING HERE
Registration for the first of these screenings – BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC this Saturday 5 December at 7 PM – is live now, so you can secure your seats by CLICKING HERE!
More films are being confirmed and will be listed shortly. A follow-up message will be sent out later this week as soon as more sessions are available for booking.