After a couple of unexpected delays due to some last-minute changes, our new programme is finally ready to be released into the world!
You can find the full Spring 2021 line-up online now in three ways:
1. On our website with posters, synopses and cast listings by CLICKING HERE
2. In a printer-friendly PDF flyer version by CLICKING HERE
3. Or import all screenings into your phone or computer’s calendar by CLICKING HERE
Running from July 22 through to October 2, there’s bound to be something for everyone as we bring you the biggest and best new films alongside classics, world cinema and little-known gems. Below are a couple of things worth keeping an eye out for:
• FLASHBACK FRIDAYS: We’re continuing our celebration of milestone cinematic anniversaries on the last Friday of each month. This season, we’re getting into the Olympic spirit with CHARIOTS OF FIRE, yelling for Stella in A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE and going ‘Aw, jeez’ with a trip back to FARGO.
• LEBANESE FILM FESTIVAL: After 2020’s at-home edition, the Lebanese Film Festival is back with three free screenings between September 10 and 12, featuring films direct from major film festivals such as Cannes, Toronto and Berlin.
• PANEL DISCUSSIONS: ANU academics, subject matter experts and even some ANUFG members will be partaking in eye-opening panel discussions after our screenings of acclaimed documentaries COLLECTIVE and BRAZEN HUSSIES this season.
• SATURDAY SCREENING TIMES: Due to some unfortunate venue booking clashes outside of our control, we are breaking from our 5 PM start time in lieu of 7:30 PM starts for three Saturdays this season on August 21, August 28 and September 4. Reminders will be issued closer to the date.
SPRING MEMBERSHIPS ON SALE + CARD SURCHARGES NOW WAIVED
Not yet a member? Spring memberships are already available for purchase and include entry into the remainder of our current Winter season too, so there’s no better time to join up. Head to www.anufg.org.au/join or visit us at any screening to become a member!
As a small gesture of thanks to everyone who has been supporting us, we have made the decision to waive all credit card and EFTPOS surcharges for payments made in person at screenings from this week onwards. As we are no longer accepting cash as a payment method, we hope that this will help make it easier – and more affordable – to become a member.
Please note that a $2 surcharge will still apply for any memberships purchased online and paid for using PayPal or credit card. Payments made via direct bank deposit will continue to be accepted at no extra charge.