Only three weeks left of screenings for 2022! This week, we have a feel-good British fashion comedy (MRS. HARRIS GOES TO PARIS), a Danish chef drama (A TASTE OF HUNGER), a sizzling French romance (BOTH SIDES OF THE BLADE), and a landmark gay rom-com (BROS) for your viewing pleasure.
• THU 24 NOV @ 7:30 PM: A TASTE OF HUNGER (M, 104 MINS)
Two married Danish chefs have it all: a loving family, wonderful children and a successful gourmet restaurant in Copenhagen. But they remain hungry for a coveted Michelin Star and will risk everything in their relentless pursuit for perfection.
• FRI 25 NOV @ 7:30 PM: BOTH SIDES OF THE BLADE (MA, 116 MINS)
A couple – Sara (Juliette Binoche) and Jean (Vincent Lindon) – have been in an affectionate relationship for almost a decade, but that all changes after a chance encounter with a man from her past, in this powerful French romantic drama.
• SAT 26 NOV @ **5 PM**: MRS. HARRIS GOES TO PARIS (PG, 116 MINS)
In the 1950s, a London cleaning lady (Lesley Manville) falls in love with an haute couture Christian Dior dress and, deciding she must have one of her own, gambles everything on an adventure to Paris that forever changes her outlook on life.
• SAT 26 NOV @ 7:30 PM: BROS (MA, 115 MINS)
A witty podcaster (Billy Eichner) who prides himself on being cynical about love finds himself unexpectedly falling for a handsome lawyer, which upturns his life, in the first rom-com from a major film studio featuring an almost-entirely LGBTQ+ cast.
December is a short month for us as we will be taking a brief break over the holiday period until we return on January 13, 2023. But that’s not to say there aren’t still plenty of great films to catch!
• MURINA – this award-winning Croatian drama is a darkly sensual coming-of-age tale set on the stunning Adriatic coast (Thu 1 Dec, 7:30 pm)
• THE WOMAN KING – Viola Davis stars in this fact-based action epic about a group of all-female African warriors in the 1800s (Fri 2 Dec, 7:30 pm)
• THE QUIET GIRL – a uniquely Irish film entirely in Gaelic which follows a young girl sent to live with a dysfunctional family over the summer (Sat 3 Dec, 5 pm)
• ARMAGEDDON TIME – Anne Hathaway, Jeremy Strong and Anthony Hopkins star is this poignant coming-of-age tale set in 1980s New York (Thu 8 Dec, 7:30 pm)
• SEE HOW THEY RUN – Sam Rockwell and Saoirse Ronan star as detectives tasked with solving the murder of a Hollywood director in 1950s London (Sat 10 Dec, 5 pm)
• AMSTERDAM – Christian Bale and Margot Robbie lead an impossibly starry cast in a murder mystery that blends fact with fiction for our final screening of 2022! (Sat 10 Dec, 7:30 pm)